Friday, July 29, 2011

What Does Blag Mean?

My Aunt and I were composing a piece of music.  The first step was to choose a name.  We decided to just put a random name and change it later once we've written the piece.  I wanted to type in 'Blah' but instead I typed in 'Blag'.
"What does 'blag' mean?" asked my aunt.
"I don't know." I said.
"Google it."
And I did. This is what it said: 
Blag

- 2 dictionary results
.
World English Dictionary
blag  (blæɡ) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide]
n
1. a robbery, esp with violence
vb  , blags , blagging , blagged
2. to obtain by wheedling or cadging: she blagged free tickets from her mate
3. to snatch (wages, someone's handbag, etc); steal
4. to rob (esp a bank or post office)
[C19: of unknown origin]
'blagger

n

Main Entry:   blag
Part of Speech:   n
Definition:   robbery or theft, often a con or scam
Usage:   British slang 
"Don't blag my blog!" Joked my aunt.
"Why don't we make a blog!" I said.
"Sure!"
"OK"
"Don't hijack my kayak!" said my aunt.
"I'm a poet and I didn't even know it!" my aunt was having fun.

And that is how this blog got started.
Remember--Don't Blag my Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment