Friday, July 29, 2011

The Purpose of Blogs

I wonder if the real purpose of blogs is not just so other people will read them.  I wonder if the goal of the blog is sometimes met the moment the author starts putting thoughts into written words.  As if by magic...the author is not only writing...he is once again enjoying fun times and happy memories such as...
   
   -the sweet aroma of freshly baked cupcakes and recently picked rosemary
   -the twinkling sounds of newly composed melodies
   -the scrumptious taste of sweet ripe strawberries
   -the visions of baby chicks, fluffy bunnies and silly goats
   -the sounds of laughter coming from children as they ride bikes
   -the comforting touch of hugs, handshakes and high-fives


Yes, I think that blogs are often more than just posts for others to read.  I think they also serve a purpose by showering the heart of the author with rays of warmth and sunshine when they put memories of happy times into written form.

No comments:

Post a Comment